I was scrolling along Pinterest, when suddenly I spied these Prayer Bottles. I loved the concept, but struggled to find some of the items needed, so we made our own version and absolutely love it! So much so I thought I’d share our take here. These bottles are as fun to put together as they are to use. And they are a fun, gentle way to pray with our little ones.
What you need:
- Empty plastic bottle
- Warm water
- Clear Aloe Vera Gel
- Glitter (optional)
- Small cross bead
- Flower bead
- Heart bead
- Star bead
- Hot glue gun
What you do:
- Fill water bottle 2/3 full with warm water.
- Add 1/2 tsp of glitter or less and all of the beads.
- Fill the remaining space with Aloe Vera gel (the amount of gel controls how fast the object rise or fall). If it looks too watery, resist the urge to add more gel. Everything will set overnight and become thicker. You may also want to wait to seal your bottle until the next day to make sure the filler is the desired consistency.
- Close bottle tight and seal with hot glue. Let cool
How to Pray:
When we pray with our prayer bottle, we take turns flipping the bottle over. Before each flip we decide which item we are going to watch. As we watch each item we pray for the following things:
- Cross: We name where we experienced God’s love that day.
- Flower: We name something we are thankful for.
- Heart: We pray for a friend.
- Star: We pray God would help us shine like stars in this dark world.
Of course, you can use whatever beads you have on hand and give them their own symbolism. This is simply a gentle, calming way to enjoy prayer time with littles.