Over here we love fingerprint art. Any chance my toddler has to dip her fingers in an ink pad she explodes with joy.
So with Thanksgiving approaching, I had to take advantage of her favorite medium. This Thanksgiving Tree craft has been a wonderful tool in showing Vale how to count her blessings.
What you need:
- Paper (we used construction paper)
- Ink pads in various fall colors
- Fine tip marker
What you do:
- Draw a bare tree on the piece of paper. This can be as simple or as fancy as you want.
- Let your child pick out an ink color.
- Help your child dip their thumb in the ink and then press it on the piece of paper. This makes a little leaf.
- Help your child think of something they are thankful for and write it next to the leaf.
You can choose to make a lot of leafs on the tree all at once, and help you child think of several things they are thankful for. Or you can spread the activity out throughout the month. We choose to make 1 leaf a day leading up to Thanksgiving.
1 thought on “The Thanksgiving Tree”