Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.”
Going into this new year, we are choosing to focus on prayer. Praying with Littles may sound like kind of a bland task, filled with simple, recited poem prayers. But it doesn’t have to be. Just as our own prayer lives can be exciting, so can our littles! And can I dare say, prayer can even be fun? Below I have compiled a list of my favorite prayer activities for families to do together with toddlers and preschoolers.
The Best Prayer Activities for Toddler and Preschoolers
- Creating a Prayer Space with Kids by Raising Prayerful Kids: Fantastic ideas for designing a prayer space for your littles.
- Prayer Wall for Preschoolers by Yahweh’s Light: These printable prayer journals are perfect for little ones.
- Prayer Bracelets by Raising Prayerful Kids: Help little ones remember what they need to pray for with these sweet bracelets
- Prayer Labrinth by Kutsu Companions: Use a prayer labrinth with littles to add some movement and focus to prayers.
- A Nature Walk through the Psalms by Color and Kindness: this fun journal makes the practice of Lector Divina (praying scripture) fun and engaging for little ones.
- Breath Prayers: Breath prayers are a helpful tool for believers of all ages. We have introduced them to our toddlers as a means of coping with big emotions. These Breath Prayers for Toddler cards are specifically designed to help little ones work through their fear. Also available in Spanish: Breath Prayers for Toddlers in Spanish
- Toddler Prayer Walk: We partnered with On mission Moms to design this Prayer Walk Scavenger Hunt. Also available in Spanish: Caminata de Oración
- Farm Prayers Bundle: The Farm Prayers Bundle was the first collection of Pray n’ Play packs I made. They are designed to teach little ones to pray the Psalms using the Farm. Get a FREE Sample pack here: Little Chicks Pray n’ Play Pack
- Generation Claimed Books: We love the Generation Claimed books by Emily Assel. They are a fantastic way to pray scripture with our littles.
- Talking With God Kids Prayer Journal Raising Prayerful Kids: This prayer journal is perfect for preschoolers.
- Blessings Tower by Future Flying Saucers: Have a little one who loves building and blocks? Use that to teach them how to pray prayers of Thanksgiving.
- Prayer Buddy by Sara J Creations: Help your little one quiet themselves to pray with the help of a prayer buddy, and a sweet book to go with it.
- Sensory Prayer Path by Flame Creative Kids: Engage little one’s senses as a way to help guide their prayers.
- ‘Orad Sin Cesar’ Coloring Pages by De Los Tales: These Spanish coloring pages are perfect for starting a conversation about prayer with little ones.
- Winter Prayers Bundle: This Pray n’ Play Pack is designed for families living in snowy areas. Filled with creative ways to pray with littles.
- ‘Oracion’ Door Hangers: These Spanish door hangers are a perfect reminder to start and end our days in prayer.
- Pet Prayer Rock by The Vica Girl: These Pet rocks are so fun to help littles to remember to pray.
- Psalms of Praise by Danielle Hitchens: We love the Baby Believer series and this fun Movement Primer is a fun way to introduce littles to praying the Psalms.
- Beautiful Moon by Tonya Bolden: This is a gorgeous book that can gently guide littles in praying for our communities.